Who we are?
MyBabbo’s goal everyday is to leave a meaningful impact on the people we serve.
Our clients are funeral service professionals who support families in their death care needs. Our graphic design and fulfillment team turn photos into cherished keepsakes. Funeral Directors and Life Celebrants rely on MyBabbo’s expertise to provide exceptional graphic design capabilities that personalize and memorialize a loved-one’s life.
Our underlying magic is that we provide a ‘We do it for you’ service. Within the same day, our photo books are sent to print, and our video tributes and stationery are available in time for the visitation. Speed, attention to detail, and ability to work well with our team are the hallmarks of our success.
After 10 years in the Canadian marketplace, we are eager to double our business over the next 18 to 24 months. This includes pursuing the U.S. market with a targeted expansion plan. To achieve this goal, we need talented people who want to join and contribute to this growth journey.
Who are we looking for?
MyBabbo is hiring Legacy Creators to join our graphic design and fulfillment team. You will use speed and accuracy to create exceptional photobooks, video tributes, and stationery for our funeral home clients and the families they serve.
Working remotely, you will leverage our MyBabbo templates along with your graphic design skills, technical savviness and attention to detail to quickly and accurately fulfill orders. Under the guide of a Manager of Client Happiness during your shift, you will be communicating with them on order status to ensure each order meets our quality standards, within a 12-hour timeframe or less.
This is an Independent Contractor, remote position. You will be essentially on-call, on a schedule determined by you, available for some evening, weekend and weekday shifts and will aim to fulfill a minimum of 10 orders / week.
Select Key Responsibilities Include:
● Edit, touch up photos and create portraits using Adobe Photoshop or other photo editing software, as necessary, following MyBabbo’s photo editing guidelines (complete within 15 to 30 minutes).
● Create beautiful and accurate stationery pieces (eg. bookmarks, memorial card), using Adobe InDesign, using MyBabbo templates (within 30 minutes to 1 hour).
● Produce exceptional video tributes using Photopia Creator software, following a specific MyBabbo process (within 1 to 1.5 hours).
● Design outstanding photo books using FOREVER Artisan scrapbooking software, using MyBabbo templates (within 1 hour)
● Fulfill orders within 12 hours or less of them being assigned.
● Ensure that each order is fulfilled with care and attention to detail, paying attention to all order information
● Work with the existing fulfillment process and ensure the status of workflow is always updated
● Be available and responsive, accepting or declining an assignment within 5 mins of it being assigned, and communicating relentlessly during the creation process
● Keep your schedule of availability up-to-date
● Work on assigned projects when time permits
● Attend team meetings as required
Profile of our ideal candidate:
● Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
● Minimum of 2-4 years of work or internship experience
● Strong communication skills, demonstrating tact and diplomacy
● Good manners, superior listening skills, and professionalism
● A continuous learning mentality, always interested in improving
● A strong sense of ownership over your work, and take pride in exceeding expectations
● Bonus points if you can communicate in both English and French (asset)
● Experience in the Funeral Home industry (asset)
● Familiarity with Artisan scrapbooking software, or similar (asset)
● Familiarity with Photopia or other video slideshow software (asset)
● Technically savvy, and adept at learning new software
● Dependable, reliable, showing up on time and committed to doing your best work
● Able to empathize with others and see the world from someone else’s perspective
● Highly motivated, with a strong sense of urgency and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
● Highly attentive to detail
● Highly responsive, and respectful of tight communication timelines
● Resourceful, and a creative problem-solver
Payment details: Payment is per order. Some orders pay $15 and may take ~20-45 minutes to complete, and others $20 and may take ~40-60 minutes to complete, once you are up-to-speed. You decide how many orders you can complete in a day.
Career Growth Opportunity: Many of our Creators become Happiness Managers, our front-line customer service experts who are responsible for quality control and assigning orders to our Creators. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, let us know in your cover letter or email.
Why work at MyBabbo?
If you are a conscientious, technically savvy individual, who is looking for meaningful employment, MyBabbo’s ‘Family-First’ culture provides a connection to an engaging and inspiring community that champions your authentic self.
At MyBabbo, we believe that every story matters. It is our mission to get people to STOP (okay, slow down), to REFLECT and to CONNECT more deeply with themselves, their community and ultimately their story. We believe a compilation of photos in a printed photo book tells a story, an important one that helps families and communities share and connect. We launched MyBabbo in 2011, passionate about creating memorial keepsakes.
As a mom with young children, creating a company that offered a family-first lifestyle was paramount. It was important to create a culture that provided an opportunity to work from home, offer flexible schedules, and a manageable work-life balance.
MyBabbo stems from a place of care, compassion, and creativity in a time of grief. Read more about our story by visiting mybabbo.com/our- story/.
How to Apply
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard or preference to race, colour, religion, gener, gender identity of expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications and excitement most closely match our own.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and characteristics, explaining why you want to work at MyBabbo through the link provided with this ad, or to email@example.com.